Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Years Day

Its New Years Day a day for reflection and a day for looking ahead to the new year. There will be many who will use today to begin planning changes that they plan to make throughout the next twelve months. These resolutions will stick for some and for others will become areas of discontent.

As I look back over the past year I am thankful for many things:

  • A new small group. (The Gentes Group)
  • Facebook - I have connected with lots of old friends and have made some new ones.
  • My 40th year on earth.
  • My 20th wedding anniversary.
  • Leading the Junior High Youth Group.
  • A great Six Flags trip.
  • A fun filled trip to the snow.
  • and many more.
Looking forward to the next year, I am reluctant to make any resolutions, but will say this... I will continue to pursue God but with more passion. I will continue to love and serve people with the gifts given to me by the Lord. I will strive to experience the Kingdom in all ways available. I will continue to study and expand my understanding. I will allow others to speak into my life, both blessing and correction.

No comments: