Monday, January 19, 2009

Experiencing History

Tomorrow all of us will have the opportunity to experience history. When Barack Obama the first African American president is sworn in as the forty-forth president of the United States. I wish we lived in a world where I didn't have to include the term African American in order for this to be historic. I wish we could simply say that Barack Obama the man, who was created in the image of God was being sworn in as president. I long for the day when the world begins to see things as the Lord does. When He looks, He sees His creation, the creation that bears His image, who was created for the express purpose of having relationship with Him. I think it is sin that blinds us from seeing as God sees and we in our sinfulness desire to see those things that make us different and to miss on the very thing that makes us all the same.

My prayer is that Barack Obama the man knows and has relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. That Barack Obama the man would be placing is full trust in God and that Barack would know God's voice.

All politics aside ( I did not vote for Obama ), but I will be praying diligently for him and for his family. They will be under tremendous pressure and I want to cover their family in the prayer of protection, so that no matter what happens, that their family would remain strong and united. I will pray that Obama will allow himself to be used by God to accomplish the Lord's purposes. Please join me in praying for our new president, for the effective fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much (James)!

No comments: