Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Forever the student

I finally got my first book for the church history book club. "How God Saved Civilization: The epic story of God leading His people, the Church" by James L. Garlow.

I am only a little way into the book, but I really like it a lot. I have forgotten how much l like reading about history. It is amazing how much you can learn when you look at things in historical context. This book is not written in an academic fashion and is very readable, which really adds to its enjoyment.

I'm looking forward to seeing who shows up to the book club and hearing all about their experience with the book. I'm hoping that others will enjoy it as much as I am.

On the learning front, I'm also wanting to learn more about photography... I don't know why, but I would really like to be able to take some good pictures. Have you ever looked at She She's pictures (http://imagesbyshe-she.com), she takes great pictures. I want to be able to do something like that.

No comments: