Friday, January 02, 2009

Action Packed Day

Today was action packed...

Started off by answering some email and checking Facebook. I have really enjoyed staying in touch with friends on Facebook, I think it is really helping me to feel more connected. Its just another tool that I can use to build community with others and I hope that we can get the whole church family on it eventually.

Next came a little work that needed to be started... it was a little tough to get back into work mode after being off for more than a week. I followed this up by playing a little Halo 3 with my son Caleb. He is quite good and we have a lot of fun playing together.

All of this took me into the afternoon where my daughter setup a trip to the movies with my family and a few of my daughters friends. We saw Bedtime Stories and it was a really good movie, filled with some funny scenes. I liked Adam Sandler in this movie, he did a good job and is quite funny.

After the movie we went to dinner with some friends to Arriba Mexican Grill for some good Mexican food. I am a big fan of Mexican cooking, especially when it is cooked with lots of peppers... the hotter the better. I had the Hatch chicken especial which is a three pepper dish (they rate the spice from one to three peppers). I really think it could have had a little more heat but the dish was very good overall. One little disappointment was that their tortillas are not made on site... so they didn't seem very fresh. It could be that I am spoiled because once you have had fresh tortillas, its hard to go back. I need to make it a point to learn how to make them myself... ok... its on the list. Good food, great friends and wonderful conversation!!

After returning home I spent some time working on a pet project of mine. I might talk about this another time once I decide its true value. I was hoping to find my books for the Church History book club in my mailbox but was disappointed. I'm hoping they get here soon so that I have time to get through the first book before the meeting. It will take some real discipline to get through a book a month, but I will give it my best shot.

Yep, an action packed day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the movie recommendation - I am always on the lookout for actual good movies...nice to have a personal recommendation.