Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Master's Commission

Master's Commission led worship and ministry for the girls at a recent Friends retreat, which led to us inviting them to come to the church to speak to our youth. The girls from the Friends group could not stop talking the members of Master's Commission and how great they were. All of their talk really set the expectation extremely high and I have to tell you, Master's Commission more than met the expectation set... they blew it out of the park. I can't tell you how impressed I was by these young people and their obvious love for the Lord Jesus.

They spoke to the youth today about unity, something that has been on my heart for a long time. For me, it was so obvious that they were speaking the heart of God, that it caused me to weep many times. They spoke of Sacrifice, Honor, Drive and Glory and used skits to reinforce their message, which was more than cool. I am struggling to get everything out that I want to say... which is why this sounds like I'm rambling.

Drive = Passion + Desire

Drive is what moves us forward, it is taking the thing that we desire (our goals), fueling it with out passion and "Going For It!" without reservation.

Honor + Sacrifice + Drive = Glory

Glory cannot be seen until we begin to Honor someone, Sacrifice something and Drive towards the prize.

Master's Commission did what they called a human video to the song "I Need You To Survive". This was an extremely touching part of their presentation. They signed (sign language) to the lyrics of the song as they moved throughout the area where the youth was sitting. This is one of the times that brought me to tears as it was such a graphic example of our need for one another.

I am looking forward to seeing Master's Commission again real soon in the hope that the Lord will use them once again to speak to me.

My hope is that the hearts that Master's Commission touches end up being the very treasures that they are laying up for themselves in Heaven.

For who is our hope or joy or crown of exultation? Is it not even you, in the presence of our Lord Jesus at His coming?
1 Thessalonians 2:19

No comments: