Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dear Jesus, Help me love like you do...

Dear Jesus,

Please help me to love people like you do. I really want to, or at least I think I do. It seems so hard to me... I mean, I want to love people but I see them doing things that I'm afraid will hurt them. I want to come along side of them to support them but they seem to push me away, not wanting to receive the care I have for them. I want to share with them, from my experience so that they will not have to experience the pain that I have felt. I want them to know You as I feel that I know You. I want them to trust You as I have learned to Trust you. It seems so hard to love them because its like opening up the door, the door that protects me from pain, the door that keeps me aloof and hands off. Lord, I've talked to you before about the pain that I have experienced because of opening that door... How do you do it, how do you love people when they can cause You so much pain? What about the ones who have hurt you before? How can you continue to love them.  It seems so far beyond anything that I can understand. Honestly I'm not sure I could or even want to try to understand it. Lord, if you would grant me to love like you do, would you do it in such a way that I don't have to wrestle with the intellectual side of the whole thing. Help me to love people because you said so, help me to do it because its You loving through me.... Get me out of the way and protect me from the potential pain. As I reason this out I am seeing more clearly that I simply need more of You. I need to feel You near me and moving through me. I can't do this on my own... it is so hard to admit that to You, because I am a proud man who doesn't like to admit any kind of weakness, but its true none the less. I hate to admit that I'm afraid of pain and failure no matter how true it is. Jesus, I believe... help my unbelief!

Thank you Jesus for letting me be honest with You and thank You for being patient with me.

No comments: