Friday, February 20, 2009

Trusting in the darkness

The world around us is constantly changing  and we are constantly adapting to living in it. We have a choice when it comes to how we do the adapting, we can either adapt gracefully or grudgingly, but either way, we will adapt. I am very thankful that I have a real trust in my Lord that allows me to adapt gracefully for the most part. Because of my faith, I believe that their is a master plan and that these changes will end up for the greater good as they all fit into Gods plan.

I am facing some potential changes right now and I am struggling with how to deal with them. On the one hand I am trusting that God will do what is best and on the other hand I am praying that God will work things out so that I don't have to deal with a bunch of pain. I am facing the prospect of a couple of my good friends having to move away in order to get jobs. I want them to be able to have good jobs and to be able to provide for their families, but on I don't want that to happen at the expense of my having to watch them move away. I love these guys and would be hurt to see them go.

I'm not entirely sure where they are with wanting to stay or wanting to go and so I am struggling with selfishness as I am most concerned with me and my feelings. You see, I really love these guys and their families, having seen their children grow up. So I pray... I pray that God will accomplish in them the things that He wants to accomplish.

So there we are... I'm in the dark. I don't know God's will for my friends, I don't know the desires of their hearts either. I am left looking in from the outside with only my desires for my friends. I don't feel guilty in making my desires known to God and I will will be thankful regardless the outcome as I trust that God knows what's best.

No comments: